contact us about us the blog podcast links
It's Gonna Happen: 18 Bold Predictions for 2008
Ok, so we were a bit spotty last year. That won't stop us from speaking our minds about 2008...
1. The Colts will win the AFC South.
2. If Dwight Freeney records 8 or more sacks this year, the Colts will win the Super Bowl. If he doesn't, they won't.
3. Tom Brady's touchdown production will drop to 28, as defenses take away the deep lob to Randy Moss.
4. The Chargers won't be as good as people think as the league starts to realize that Phil Rivers isn't actually a very good QB.
5. New England's 'Eff You' touchdowns from last season are gone, but not forgotten. Look for opponents to eschew taking an knee when they get a lead in the fourth quarter.
6. The Pack will dramatically underperform as Aaron Rodgers finishes with more picks than TD passes.
7. Jerry Porter and Troy Williamson won't combine for as much production as Reggie Wayne.
8. Tony Dungy will retire from football after this season. We'll cry like little girls.
9. David Garrard's QB rating will drop at least 20 points as the Jaguars struggle to finish .500.
10. Rumors that Wayne Weaver is selling the Jags to owners who plan to move them to LA will get louder.
11. Mario Williams will take a major step backward and fails to reach 10 sacks.
12. Lendale White's playing time in Tennessee will shrink to almost invisible levels.
13. Al Davis beats the rush to sign the "Olympic Hero who might wind up in the NFL". His signing of Michael Phelps has disastrous consequences for everyone involved.
14. The Jets will win 10 games and make the playoffs with Favre.
15. At some point early in the season the Indy defenders will motion for the crowd to get loud, only to be let down by the muffled din emitted from the Lucas Oil crowd. Ironically, Bill Polian will respond to this disaster by actually piping in crowd noise; thus the hero lives long enough to see himself become the villian.
16. The Colts will outperform their Pythagorean win total by at least 1 game. They will win at least 11 games.
17. The improvement of Anthony Gonzalez coupled with the revamped running game will have experts declaring by midseason this to be the best Colts offense ever.
18. Marvin Lewis will change Chad Ocho Cinco's jersey number to #86, just to be an ass.
Got a prediction? Email us at email@example.com